Tuesday, June 14, 2011

gullible

I realized that there are way too many people out there who tend to believe anything and everything they hear. Or they tend to judge somebody or a situation just by looking at a picture or a few. It's pretty pathetic, however I admit that I have done it before and sometimes, I still do. I get that first impression. Just say somebody is tagged in some slutty picture and the girls are wearing play-boy costumes. You automatically think "whores"... but with me, I don't usually judge that quick. Therefore, I think of the possibilities like "What if it was a costume party" or a Halloween party or whatever. I have no right to judge.

For instance, take a look at this photo:


What do you think? Just by looking at this photo, there's no doubt the first thoughts that cross your mind is "They're making out", right? Right. That's what I thought too. And because this girl, Selena Gomez, has a boyfriend -- people looked at this photo and assumed she was cheating and made a big deal out of it and started drama because of it.

Now I will prove, easily, to all of you how gullible we can all be. You saw that picture, right? Well this is what really happened:


See? There is always another side to a story, to a picture, to a text message, to a tweet, to a Facebook status. There's another side to a story of everything.

At the end of the day, what you choose to believe is really up to you... But please, make sense out of the things you are believing. Think about all the possibilities and the possible various sides of a story before you judge a situation and the people involved. I can assure you that no matter how long you look at a photo or no matter how long you spend analyzing every move someone makes - you do not know the full story, so therefore you can not judge.

Don't be so gullible. Don't be an easy persuading target otherwise you'll start to judge things from the moment you see them -- which is never good. That is why I'm nice to people. Well, the ones that are nice to me anyway. Because I don't know how many scars they have, I don't know their secrets and their fears and their history. For all I know, a beautiful girl with brown eyes who smiles all day at school could be crying herself to sleep at night. She could be cutting herself and all the while I'm getting fooled by her smiles.

That is why I don't judge. I'm not perfect so sometimes I do, however I don't stick to that judgment. Most of the time, I don't. If I dislike something or somebody, I don't make a big deal out of it. If I dislike something, I have no interest in it and having no interest in something doesn't mean going on and on about why you have no interest in it. It means finding something else that interests you and makes you happy.

I'm getting off track. Bye :) I'm turning back the anonymous option in the comment bar for a while. I'd like to see your comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ignore the text below. I've turned the Anonymous option back on. I'll probably turn it back off soon because I really have no time for your pathetic comments, but you know what, go ahead. If you want to hide behind an anonymous picture and name, go for it. It doesn't make you much a bigger person, anyway. :)
------***From past experiences, you will no longer be allowed to post comments if you do not have a Google Account. I'm sorry to those of you doing the right thing, but I do not want Anonymous users commenting and this is the only way I can make that happen. I can not stop other people being ignorant however I can stop them from reaching me. If you're reading but you can not comment, I'd still like to thank you. Stay beautiful.