Thursday, December 10, 2009

fantasies and dreams

We all have fantasies. Most of these fantasies are probably impossible - But some of them aren't 100% impossible. Fantasy is sometimes better than reality. It washes your mind and makes you smile.

But then the time comes where you must face reality and forget your fantasies. Where you realize/think that your fantasy isn't going to happen. It makes you depressed. I'll use an example: You fantasize about being with your favorite celebrity. You've probably got a 10% chance of that happening - Depends on where and who you are. And when you realize that it might not happen, and a million other girls want it to happen to them... You get sad and miserable.

Then you just don't care anymore. You feel like there's no reason for you to care and keep trying. That's how I'm feeling right now.

In my family, I'm unique. Most of my sisters are just focused on finding a man, getting married and having children. But that's not me. And sometimes, my mum doesn't get it. I don't want to just get married and throw my life away. Sure, I might meet someone I really like when I'm older... But that doesn't mean we have to get married a few years later. I want to chase my dreams.

And that's why chasing my dreams, today, is so, so, so, sooo hard. Because nobody understands me. I come from a generation where nobody focuses on their dreams too much. None of my relatives were into the music, song-writing, hollywood type of thing. Which makes it hard for me.

Most celebrity's these days have at least one relative who are what they are. For example, Miley Cyrus' dad, Jonas' Brothers parents were in shows and into that musical stuff, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato's parents understand their dreams and let them chase it at a very young age.

That's not like me. It's much harder for me because to me, none of my family members actually understand that I have a dream.

I have a dream and I am actually willing to fulfill it, one day.

If only I could get a glimpse of my future, that'd make things a lot better right now. I'm so confused. Like, what do I do now? Do I just give up?

2 comments:

  1. that's pretty much the same with me. none of my family really has a musical bg, so they dnt really know how much i [LOVE] it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i get that. i love to write and act and my parents aren't into that (My dad wants me to be a lawyer) Somedays i think why do i bother, but then i remember god has the big plan, so i chase my dream,accept the setbacks and know its all part of the plan. (Jeremiah 29:11)
    sorry for the long comment.
    Nice blog
    xx
    seli

    ReplyDelete

Ignore the text below. I've turned the Anonymous option back on. I'll probably turn it back off soon because I really have no time for your pathetic comments, but you know what, go ahead. If you want to hide behind an anonymous picture and name, go for it. It doesn't make you much a bigger person, anyway. :)
------***From past experiences, you will no longer be allowed to post comments if you do not have a Google Account. I'm sorry to those of you doing the right thing, but I do not want Anonymous users commenting and this is the only way I can make that happen. I can not stop other people being ignorant however I can stop them from reaching me. If you're reading but you can not comment, I'd still like to thank you. Stay beautiful.